BACKGROUND: Just three short weeks ago, myself and 9 other sojourners followed Colin Ganley to Pinar del Rio and Vuelta Abajo to see firsthand the famed Robaina farm and the prized tobacco growing therein.
From there, we made our way to the city of Havana to experience the sights and sounds and to walk in the footsteps of the likes of Hemingway, Churchill, Chaplin, Bogart and many more.
Along the way we visited the famed Partagás cigar factory and smoked up many of the prized cigars from this island south of Miami, not to mention swilling the great national rum of Havana which we drank neat, or in daiquiri’s or mojitos.
In today’s podcast, the Doc takes you on the road to Cuba to relive the tales of the cigar excursion of a lifetime and to hear firsthand accounts from others who made the same journey.
SPECIAL INTERVIEW #1: Father James Farfaglia
SPECIAL SEGMENT: CIGARS – Doc talks about the cigars he smoked and/or purchased in Cuba
- Rafael Gonzalez Panetelas Extra: 5″ x 37
- Por Larrañaga Panetelas: 5″ x 37
- H. Upmann Half Corona: 3.5″ x 44
- Montecristo No. 5: 4″ x 40
- Montecristo Petit No. 2: 4.75″ x 52
- Punch Punch: 5.625″ x 46
- Fresh rolled Robaina: 5.2″ x 52
- Private Collection Robaina Perfecto: Approximately 7″ x 56
- H. Upmann 2014 Reserva Cosecha 2010 Pyramid: 6.1″ x 52
- Punch 2013 Edición Limitada Serie D’Oro No. 2: 5.5″ x 52
- Cohiba Behike 56
- H. Upmann 2015 Edición Limitada Magnum 56
- Montecristo Añejados Churchill: 7″ x 47
- La Gloria Cubana 2009 Regional Edición from Cuba
SPECIAL INTERVIEW #2: Christina Fontecchio
SPECIAL INTERVIEW #3: Jorge Mendizabal
SPECIAL INTERVIEW #4: Michelle and Ricky Uc
SPECIAL INTERVIEW #5: Colin Ganley