DESCRIPTION: Each summer I invite a group of friends to join me at an annual event that has come to be known as Doc’s Central Coast Herf. It started 6 years ago with just 6 people and has grown to a group of cigar enthusiasts over 40 strong. Because I have the event at my home, I keep it an invitation only herf with a maximum capacity of around 40 or so people.
Though small, this event is huge in its impact on the cigar community here on the Central Coast. This year, 17 cigar providers contributed over 750 cigars for the attendees. We also had over 3 cases of wine contributed and gave away a total of 62 raffle gifts, with at least one gift going to each attendee.
Friday started with our annual goodie bag stuffing party, as 16 people helped to clean up, stuff bags, organize raffle items and assorted other tasks in preparation for Saturday. The main event on Saturday started at 11:00 am and didn’t stop. That’s right, though 40 people started the day, 6 of us die-hards, or should I say blow hards, stayed up all night… herfing all the way.
As a show of appreciation to our herf sponsors, a core group of 15 of the herf attendees who have Twitter accounts launched 275 Tweets during the course of this shindig, which started on Friday night and ended on Sunday midday.
The event ended officially on Sunday after our annual breakfast and another year went into the books as a hugely successful herf.
• 16 people attended the Friday night pre-herf herf
• Approximately 40 people attended on Saturday
• 11 people stayed for the breakfast on Sunday
• 31 goodie bags distributed
• 17 cigar providers contributed approximately 755 cigars
• 3 cases of wine donated for drinking during herf
• Attendees brought over 2 cases each of water, coke and diet coke
• Attendees brought approximately 3 cases of beer
• We drank 2.5 pony kegs of beer from the tap
• 62 raffle items
• About 15 core people with Twitter accounts generated 275 Tweets from Friday through Tuesday
CIGARS PROVIDED FOR HERF:
Lou Rodriguez Connecticut Lancero
Lou Rodriguez Reserva Lancero
Lou Rodriguez 2010 Torpedo
Nestor Miranda Special Selection Buckhead Edition Torp
Hoyo de Monterrey Reposado en Cedros
Undercrown Corona Doble
CAO Osa Sol Robusto
Joya de Nicaragua Cabinetta Corona Gorda
San Lotano Connecticut Torpedo
San Lotano Habano
San Lotano Maduro Torpedo
Nomad Mavigator Torpedo
La Gloria Cubana Rabito de Cochino
La Flor Dominicana Factory Press IV
Los Hermanos (House Brand by Casa Fernandez)
Inferno by Oliva
Vindicator by Oliva
Montecristo No. 2
Graycliff Chateau Gran Cru
Room 101 San Andres