BACKGROUND: For those of you who don’t know, Edgar Hoill, he is a renowned photographer who is also known by his moniker, “One Shot, One Kill,” or simply, OSOK. This speaks to his uncanny ability to take a perfect photo on the first try.
The EH Cigars inaugural cigar line is available in three unique vitolas and is purportedly a complex and full-bodied blend. The wrapper, binder and filler tobaccos are all from Nicaragua, but the blends vary according to shape and size. Each cigar has a unique taste due to its blending and unusual shape.
Today’s cigar is called the Cultura (Culture) and it’s a true pyramid. That is, it’s widest at the foot and gradually and consistently tapers toward its smallest ring size at the head.
This week’s featured stogie is the 4.5” by 54 ring gauge Short Robusto.
FEATURED LIBATION: Hermitage Brewing Co. Fruit Crate Pumpkin Ale
Hermitage Brewing Company was established in 2009 and is located in San Jose. California. Along with producing its own label of small batch beers, Hermitage contracts with beer and soda clients to produce their products. Today I’m featuring the Fruit Crate Pumpkin Ale, which is a seasonal ale that utilizes brewery-grown Heritage Pumpkins.
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING AT STOGIE FRESH?
- Davidoff Releases 2014 Limited Edition: Year of the Horse.
- The Davidoff Colorado Claro series is expanding with the addition of the new Aniversario No. 3.
- Art Series Showcases Zino Platinum Collector’s Edition “The Make of Los Angeles”
- Commonwealth Cedar Spills announces the immediate availability of Cigar Maker Placards
- The New Camacho BLACKOUT Limited Edition 2013
- Announcing the Latest from East India Trading Company: Rogue
- Nomad Cigar Company Releases Nomad S-307
DOC’S CIGAR POSTSCRIPT: La Palina Classic Robusto
This review is on the La Palina Classic Robusto. I first featured this cigar in Episode 335 of the Stogie Fresh 5 podcast back on Saturday, October 20, 2012. They have now been resting a total of 1 year, 2 months and 27 days in my humidor prior to this review.
FEATURED WEB SITES:
Hermitage Brewing Company
Cigar Maker Placards Info
Video Review: Commonwealth Cedar Spills
Camacho Blackout 2013
Rogue by East India Trading Company