BACKGROUND: In March of 2013, the fifth Único Serie cigar was released, which is our featured cigar of the week. It joins the Dirty Rat, L-40, Feral Flying Pig, Papas Fritas and a few other not-for-retail Único’s.
The cigar features a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper with a Dark Medium designation for the color and priming. The binder is a Brazilian Mata Fina and the filler consists of select Honduran and Nicaraguan Cuban-seed tobacco.
The cigar comes in cabinets of 12 and retails for a suggested $13.95 per stick. It’s a parejo shape (straight-sided with rounded head) with a unique fan-shaped cap (though pre-release versions used a standard cap).
This cigarcast features the 5.5-inch by 52 ring gauge UF-13 Dark Robusto.
FEATURED LIBATION: Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout
The Old Brewery at Tadcaster was founded in 1758 and is Yorkshire’s oldest brewery. First introduced to the U.S. market in 1978, Samuel Smith beers quickly became the benchmark ales for the emerging craft beer movement. To this day, they remain among the most awarded. All Samuel Smith beers are vegan products registered with The Vegan Society.
The Chocolate Stout is brewed with gently roasted organic chocolate malt and organic cocoa.
The company says to serve the Chocolate Stout at about 51°F (11°C).
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING AT STOGIE
• Doc talks about Thanksgiving
• Birthday Party last week. Roaring 20’s party
• Cigar Party at Dunbar Brewing Company
• Article published last week – Temperature & Humidity: When Seasons Call Part 1
• Article published last week – 2013 Stogie Fresh Honor Roll: Favorite Reviewed Cigars
• Stogie Rate for iOS version 2.0 is now available (actually, it looks like Apple iTunes store still hasn’t released the update. Should be any day.)
DOC’S CIGAR POSTSCRIPT: La Aurora Cameroon Robusto
This review is on the La Aurora Cameroon Robusto. I first featured this cigar in Episode 337 of the Stogie Fresh 5 podcast back on Sunday, November 4, 2012. These cigars have now been aging in my humidor for 1 year, 2 months and 13 days prior to this review.