BACKGROUND: Camacho has released a limited edition for 2013 called: Blackout. The new cigar utilizes tobaccos from 4-different years. The wrapper was grown in 2006, the binder in 2009, and the fillers from 2003, 2008, and 2009. A total of 5,000 boxes, or 1,000 boxes per size were produced. At 20 cigars per box, that makes a total production run of 100,000 cigars. This week’s featured cigar is the 5-inch by 50 ring gauge Blackout Robusto.
FEATURED LIBATION: Sidecar Cocktail
Ingredients: This cocktail is made with 2 parts Cognac or a good Brandy, 1 part Triple Sec and 1/2 part Lemon Juice.
Directions: Mix ingredients into a pitcher and pour as much as needed into a shaker cup with ice. Shake and serve in a tumbler.
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING AT STOGIE FRESH?
• New upgrade of Stogie Rate for iOS is out, but has a couple of bugs. Most notable is the Gifting feature, which doesn’t total the numbers correctly.
• Camacho releases a new cigar called the Ditka 89 which was released concurrently with the Chicago Bears retiring his number (89).
• Gurkha Announces release of Pedro Martin Limited Edition Cigars
• Davidoff Limited Art Edition
• Davidoff at Art Basel Miami Beach
• La Sirena Cigars to become independently owned and operated
• Benji Menendez Retires
DOC’S CIGAR POSTSCRIPT: CAO Concert Solo
I first featured these cigars on the Stogie Fresh 5 podcast back in Episode 338 on Sunday, November 10, 2012. This is the second and final review of these sticks, which have been resting in my humidor for a total of 1 year, 4 months and 21 days prior to this review.
No link for libation
Lou Rodriguez Cigars
La Palina Cigars
Stogie Rate Online
Stogie Rate Cigar Inventory Software for iPhone
Buy Stogie Fresh Accessories