BACKGROUND: The Dominican Cohiba, which is owned an operated by a different company than the Cuban version, has built its own impressive portfolio over the years and continues to show innovations. They recently expanded their horizons and for the first time have a cigar that was blended and handcrafted entirely in Nicaragua. This feat was accomplished with the release of the Cohiba Nicaragua.
The showpiece of the cigar is the wrapper, a Sun Grown Colorado Oscuro from Honduras. The blend includes Nicaraguan long-fillers from Jalapa and Esteli bound together inside a Nicaraguan binder also from Jalapa.
The Cohiba Nicaragua comes in 4 sizes and the one I’m featuring today is the 5-inch by 50 ring gauge Robusto.
FEATURED LIBATION: Raging Bitch IPA from Flying Dog Brewery
Raging Bitch IPA is made by Flying Dog Brewery in Frederick, MD. It weighs in at 8.3% ABV, the IBU, which is a measurement of bitterness, is 60.
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING AT STOGIE FRESH?
- Davidoff to Release Regional Cigars called “Exclusives”
- Davidoff Acquires Land in Nicaragua and Honduras
- Davidoff to Open it’s largest ever flagship store in Tampa Florida
- Drew Estate Contributes to Smoke Inn’s Microblend Series
- La Aurora Announces the opening of La Aurora Cigar World
- La Aurora Releases 111th Anniversary Cigar
- Crush & Roll West 2015 Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale